Lake Shore Cryotronics will be presenting on their new FastHall™ measurement technique during next week’s 61st Electronic Materials Conference (EMC) at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, MI.
The presentation will focus on the capabilities of the new MeasureReady™ M91 FastHall™ measurement controller, which eliminates the need to switch the polarity of the applied magnetic field during the measurement. Dr. Jeffrey Lindemuth, Senior Application Scientist for Lake Shore, will discuss this in a poster session entitled, “Variable Field Hall Measurements and Multi-Carrier Analysis for Low Mobility Material with FastHall™.”
An all-in-one instrument for complete Hall effect analysis, the M91 measurement controller delivers significantly higher levels of precision, speed, and convenience than traditional Hall measurement solutions. It provides researchers with a cost-effective way to add state-of-the-art Hall capabilities to any lab.
Also at EMC, Lake Shore will be previewing a tabletop measurement system that combines the M91 controller with a permanent magnet and high precision sample holder to provide a wide range of measurement capabilities in a compact package. This light tight system offers a vacuum or purge gas sample environment and a shielded, low-noise sample space with guarded contacts, resulting in far superior measurements as compared to most similar solutions.
Kevin Carmichael, Senior Marketing Product Manager, will be using the prototype M91 tabletop setup to demonstrate the speed at which the instrument’s software calculates Hall and mobility parameters, outputting “answers,” not just data.
Lake Shore will also be available to answer questions about their:
- 8400 Series Hall effect measurement systems — complete, turnkey systems that are available with an AC field Hall option for characterizing materials with very low mobilities (down to 0.001 cm2/V s).
- Cryogenic probe stations — for on-wafer DC, RF, or high-frequency measurements at temperatures as low as 1.6 K and in fields to more than 2 T.
- Award-winning 8600 Series VSMs — which combine high sensitivity (15 nemu), rapid measurement speed (10 ms/pt), and simple operation in a system that allows researchers to perform more science in less time.
- Instruments and Hall sensors for magnetic field measurement and control.
- Sensors and instruments for cryogenic measurement, monitoring, and control.