Hall Effect Systems
FastHall measurement capability contained in a complete characterization platform
The MeasureReady™ M91 FastHall™ measurement controller is a revolutionary, all-in-one Hall analysis instrument that delivers significantly higher levels of precision, speed, and convenience to researchers involved in the study of electronic materials.
And now this novel capability is available as part of the FastHall Station, an integrated, high-precision tabletop measurement system for simplified Hall measurements and less experimental setup.
The FastHall Station includes a Windows® 10 PC, 1 T permanent magnet, high precision sample holder, and all the necessary software and cabling to provide a range of measurement capabilities including sample resistances up to 1 GΩ and mobility measurements down to 0.01 cm2/V s — making it a great choice for labs studying low-mobility materials.
Widest measurement range
Completely integrated mini-system solution
Increased productivity and flexibility
A new approach to Hall measurement
The MeasureReady M91 is a revolutionary, all‑in-one Hall analysis instrument that delivers significantly higher levels of precision, speed, and convenience to researchers involved in the study of electronic materials.
Featuring Lake Shore’s patented* new FastHall measurement technique, the M91 fundamentally changes the way the Hall effect is measured by eliminating the need to switch the polarity of the applied magnetic field during the measurement. This breakthrough results in faster and more accurate measurements, especially when using high field superconducting magnets or when measuring very low mobility materials.
*Protected by US patent number 9797965. Other patents pending.
Simpler and more convenient
Makes better measurements, faster
Features of the 8400 Series
- Ideal for variable temperature measurement and mobilities from 1 to 106 cm2/V s
- Optional AC field extends mobility measurement range down to 10-3 cm2/V s
- Maximum DC fields to 1.67 T (8404) and 2.25 T (8407)
- Optional AC fields to 1.18 T (8404) and 1.31 T (8407)
- Standard resistance range of 0.5 mΩ to 10 MΩ
- High resistance option widens range to 200 GΩ
- Low resistance option significantly reduces resistance noise floor
- Temperatures from 15 K to 1273 K
Features of the Model 8425
- A complete Hall effect measurement system using device probing under vacuum in a probe station
- Supports a range of DC field Hall measurements—measure mobility on wafer-scale materials and structures as a function of temperature and field
- DC fields to 2 T and resistances from 0.5 mΩ to 100 GΩ
- Vary temperatures from 10 K to 400 K using closed-cycle refrigerator—no cryogen required
- Includes intuitive 8400 Series software for easy system operation, data acquisition, and analysis
- Supports exporting of data for multi-carrier analysis
- 3-year standard warranty
Features of the Model 9700A
- Standard sample resistance ranges from 0.04 mΩ to 200 GΩ
- Fields to 9 T
- Temperatures from 2 K to 400 K
- Quantitative Mobility Spectrum Analysis (QMSA®) software resolves individual carrier mobilities and densities in multi-carrier devices
- Anomalous Hall Effect measurements for spintronics including dilute magnetic semiconductors and ferromagnetic metallic alloys